I consider myself to be a voracious reader. The library is one of my favorite places and I go out of my way to visit bookstores almost everywhere I go. One of my life goals is to become more understanding and open-minded. I think books and travel are the best ways to accomplish that goal.
Here are some of the non-fiction books I have read in the last two years that have impacted my life in immensely positive ways:
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie (perhaps the best book I've ever read; I keep rereading it to pick up more details)
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Indistractable by Nir Eyal
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō
- Permission to Screw Up: How I Learned to Lead by Doing (Almost) Everything Wrong by Kristen Hadeed
I'm also a huge sci-fi nerd. Isaac Asimov has long been my favorite author. I love how he poses deep questions about humanity within the context of intergalactic adventure. If you haven't read his books before, I really recommend starting with iRobot, Prelude to Foundation, and the short story collection, 9 Tomorrows.
Here is my goodreads account if you want to keep up with the books I read. Please comment here or email more book recommendations to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.