Jared is a Senior Software Engineer and Cross-Platform Desktop App (XPDA) developer. Fan of Sass, Vue.js, and NW.js. Builder of Scout-App, a popular open source library. Editor of XPDA.net. Giver of talks and workshops on code and productivity.
In this episode, Jared tells talks about the types of projects you will encounter and how to finish the projects that you start. He also talks about best practices for making developer resumes and portfolios.
- Getting Things Done — Book (267 pages)
- Making Ideas Happen — Book (256 pages)
- MVP (for your first game) — Extra Credits Video (7 minute cartoon)
- 4 Time-Saving Tips (learned from a 13 year long project) — Video
- Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell — Video (15 minute animation)
- Inbox Zero — Google TechTalk from Merlin Mann (1 hour talk)
- Lecture by world’s leading Professor on Procrastination — Video (1 hour talk)
- An Invocation for Beginnings — Ze Frank Video (3 minute video essay)
- Finding Motivation — Folding Ideas Video (11 minute Q&A)
- The Embarrassing Secret to my Productivity — Hank Green (4 minute video)
- How to Finish — (Image/Single-page comic)
- Using a Product Breakdown System (PBS) — (18 minute video)
- Look in the comments below, people will likely suggest other good resources.