Usually I make a book list like this one from last year where I categorize and pick out all the books that I've enjoyed reading over the last 12 months. This year, I've been looking through all of the titles that I have read, listened to, and/or reviewed summaries of (via my Blinkist subscription). There were some that were so amazing that I read them multiple times and took away action items that have changed my life. Those are the ones I want to share with you here.
Some of these are technical and some, non-technical; all of them are inspiring IMO.
Here are my top 10:
- Why we Sleep, by Matthew Walker
- Engineering Management for the Rest of Us, by Sarah Drasner
- Building a Second Brain, by Tiago Forte
- Let My People go Surfing, by Yvon Chouinard
- Infinite Game, by Simon Sinek
- Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach, by Mark Richards
- Building Microservices, by Sam Newman
- The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You, by Julie Zhuo
- The First 90 Days, Updated and Expanded: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, by Michael Watkins
- Go H*ck Yourself: A Simple Introduction to Cyber Attacks and Defense, by Bryson Payne
What are your favorite books? Let me know in my Discord chat!
Have a great new year everyone 🎊 🎆 🥳